- Location: Wilder Park (Field 1) Orinda, CA 94563
- Type: Day
- Ability: Beginner- Advanced
- Ages: 6-15
- Camper to Coach Ratio: 8:1
- Cost: $325
- Dates: July 25-27, 2017
About ADVNC East Bay Camp
ADVNC Day Camps are fun and instructional camps for players of all ages and abilities. Our goal is for campers to maximize their potential, and increase their enjoyment of the game.
We group players by age and ability at camp.
Beginner Level: First time players with no experience will learn proper technique from day 1. The program is designed to be a fun and inviting introduction to the game.
Intermediate Level: Players with 1-2 years of experience looking to develop their game will thrive under the guidance of our experienced coaching staff. Players will enter full-contact play, while refining lacrosse skills, game IQ, strength, and speed. The goal is to develop positional and team skills, which will prepare players for fall club team tryouts.
Advanced Level: Players with 2 or more years of experience will continue to refine and improve their game under the ADVNC coaching staff. As one of the better players on your respective teams, you are ready and motivated to achieve the highest and most competitive levels of lacrosse coaching. All aspects of the game are covered, with the focus on successful techniques and strategies currently being used at the college and professional levels.
ADVNC training system
The Advnc Training System (ATS) is a complete training method that focuses on creating the ideal learning environment for aspiring young lacrosse players. Our up-tempo practices are designed to increase skill, on-field awareness, decision making, and athleticism. ATS also incorporates aspects of the latest research in development to create resilient athletes. At Advnc we believe it is not good enough to just create great lacrosse players but feel a larger responsibility to shape young men of character.
Typical Day Schedule
- 9:00AM: Check in, Meet and Greet, Daily Review.
- 9:10AM: Warm up & Stretch, Physical Literacy Activities
- 9:50AM: Stick Drills
- 10:00AM: Skill of the day Staff Demo
- 10:30AM: Skill work by group and position
- 11:00AM: Games: 3X, Scrimmage, Dodge Ball
- 12:00PM-12:45PM: Lunch social with campers and coaches
- 12:45PM: Warm up, Physical Literacy Activities
- 1:15PM: Staff Demo
- 1:20PM: Small Group work
- 1:30PM: Scrimmage
- 2:00PM: Wrap, Q&A
What to Bring
Everyone should bring the following items to this ADVNC camp:
- LACROSSE STICK
- HELMET AND MOUTHGUARD
- SNEAKERS (NON-MARKING SOLES) AND CLEATS
- PROTECTIVE CUP
- ELBOW AND SHOULDER PADS
- RIB PADS (OPTIONAL)
- WATER BOTTLE*
- BAG LUNCH
* Water will be available on site, but please bring water containers to reduce unnecessary waste. Note: ADVNC Camps have on staff athletic trainers at each field. Please submit medical forms to indicate any medical/special conditions to advise ADVNC staff.